|This article is a stub. You can help Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn Wiki by .|
|Patch 4.0 |
|Date||15 June 2017|
|• 4.0 on The Lodestone|
|← Previous||Next →|
|Patch 3.57||Patch 4.01|
Patch 4.0, Stormblood, was the second major version update for Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn. Features include raised level cap to 70, 2 new jobs, Red Mage and Samurai, a new areas, Gyr Abania and the Far East, swimming and diving, and new trials and dungeons.
Patch 4.0 contains content that can only be accessed by registering the expansion packs for Final Fantasy XIV to your service account. To distinguish between adjustments that are and are not affected by the registration of these expansions, the following notations will be used throughout the patch notes:
- [2.x] These additions and adjustments only require the purchase of Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn.
- [3.x] These additions and adjustments require the purchase and registration of Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward.
- [4.x] These additions and adjustments require the purchase and registration of Final Fantasy XIV: Stormblood.
- [2.x][3.x][4.x] These additions and adjustments contain elements that may require the purchase and registration of the expansion packs noted above.
- Players must progress through the main scenario quests introduced in patch 4.0 to access new areas.
- Players who log out in these new areas cannot log back in using a platform that has not registered Stormblood.
- [4.x] Rhalgr's Reach
- [4.x] New field areas have been added.
- [4.x] New city and field aetherytes have been added.
- [2.x] A mini-aetheryte for Sapphire Avenue Exchange has been added in Ul'dah (X:13.8 Y:10.6).
- [2.x] The experience point reward for unlocking maps has been increased.
- Patch 4.0 introduces myriad quests in addition to the main scenario. As such, there may be cases where the patch notes only cite the initial quest in a series, or omit quests entirely to prevent spoilers. We encourage players to explore and discover what new stories and adventures await.
- [4.x] New main scenario quests have been added.